Herb stuffing and Parmesan cheese add nice flavor to the broccoli in these cute appetizers from Laurie Todd of Columbus, Mississippi. The recipe makes several dozen, so you can just take out of the freezer as many as you need.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and place in a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Or place in a single layer in a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen appetizers: Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 107 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Bites in Quick Cooking July/August 2003
Jun 4, 2013
Sep 27, 2011
My kids, ages 2 and 3, gobbled these up. They kept asking for more! These broccoli bites were super easy to make and nice fore something a bit different to do with broccoli.
Jan 3, 2011
Yummy!! Kids loved it!!