Steamed Broccoli Florets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground mustard
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, prepared mustard, salt, pepper and ground mustard. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place in a serving bowl. Whisk dressing; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 95 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2018
I really liked the dressing, just thought it was ok with the broccoli though. I liked it on a spinach salad.
Mar 2, 2017
This was definitely a different broccoli style. Originally the "dressing" didn't taste quite right but then I doubled the prepared mustard and it made this pretty good! The flavor was a little sweet. We liked it, but it wasn't our absolute favorite one. We may try it again.
Jun 14, 2015
Excellent easy side dish. A great way to give a different flavor to steamed broccoli.
Oct 4, 2014
Aug 9, 2013
YUM! I used my Oster food steamer and steamed the florets for 10 minutes or so, then tossed everything together in a bowl.~ Theresa
May 12, 2013
Everyone in our group of four loved it!
Feb 13, 2012
This recipe is so easy! And delicious!
Jan 3, 2011
The dressing is delicious, and so easy! Also good on steamed zucchini.
Apr 10, 2010
Very tasty - light sauce. Both husband and son-in-law agreed.