Breakfast in Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup each shredded Monterey Jack, Swiss and sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in bacon, ham and cheese. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 324 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 192mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 22, 2017
I've made this twice - the first time I wasn't so sure I liked it, but I tried again. It was a hit at a family breakfast - everyone seemed relieved to have a non-sweet treat by this point in the holiday season.For me, it worked better when I used pre-cooked bacon. The texture was better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.