Raisin Bread & Sausage Morning Casserole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 6 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine bread and sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. In a small bowl, beat topping ingredients until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2018
Thank You from a Central California (the REAL California) Raisin Grower!
May 29, 2016
Would cut back on the brown sugar in the topping to Half cup a little too sweet ( unless you want sweeter) took it to a church brunch this am it was gone in no time , I did taste a spoonful . I changed the sausage to a full pound to have more meat . I got a lot of compliments on the dish . Will make again . Thanks TOH.