- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, lemon peel, baking powder, salt, baking soda and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto blueberry mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Biscuit Cobbler
"This was a quick and easy dessert to make and was delicious. I liked the lemon zest, which added a nice flavor to the biscuit. I made it with frozen berries and didn't thaw them first due to time constraints, and it still turned out nice. Possibly add another tsp of cornstarch if using frozen berries. Will make this again:)"
"I found the lemon flavour a bit overwhelming. Otherwise this is a great recipe. I liked the biscuit topping, especially since it is a lot lower fat than the usual cobbler topping.I also cut the sugar back a bit, since I don't usually like things too sweet."
"Delicious! Made it as directed."
"I made only 1/2 recipe. I omitted the cinnamon and nutmeg. I cut down on the sugar added to the blueberries. Next time, I think I will cut the sugar a little more. This was very tasty. Thank you for sharing this good recipe!"
"I made this with fresh blueberries and it was delicious! My family loved it! Definitely will be making this again!!"
"I love be'rrys'. I definitely to' morrow going to bake this' one."
"I just made this with fresh picked berries. It was delicious!"
"If a recipe doesn't fit your lifestyle, stop criticizing it and don't make the recipe. Find another recipe. This happens to be very good."
"Great summer dessert while berries are in season."