Blue-Ribbon Beef Nachos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next seven ingredients; heat through.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Top with olives, onions and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 294 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1353mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 17, 2013
A family favorite. A quick and easy dish when you are pressed for time. We are not olive fans so those were omitted. Great flavors.
Apr 2, 2011
These were really good, although I prefer a more liquidy meat mixture, the meat mixture was really thick.
Aug 18, 2010
I've been making this recipe for years and it is always loved. The girls at work request I make it for them on a regular basis. It is a favorite with men, women, children, young and old! Very simple to make. I just keep it warm in a crock pot.