Blue-Ribbon Beef Nachos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped green onions and tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next seven ingredients; heat through.
- Serve over tortilla chips. Top with olives, onions and tomatoes if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 294 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1353mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein.
Aug 17, 2013
A family favorite. A quick and easy dish when you are pressed for time. We are not olive fans so those were omitted. Great flavors.
Apr 2, 2011
These were really good, although I prefer a more liquidy meat mixture, the meat mixture was really thick.
Aug 18, 2010
I've been making this recipe for years and it is always loved. The girls at work request I make it for them on a regular basis. It is a favorite with men, women, children, young and old! Very simple to make. I just keep it warm in a crock pot.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.