No-Guilt Beefy Nachos
Nachos you can feel good about! This meaty topping has less fat and sodium than typical nacho beef because you use lean meat and make your own seasoning. The versatile dish is great for a party. —Carol Betz, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes20 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Combine first eight ingredients in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is crumbly, 4-6 hours. Stir in vinegar and salt. Serve with tortilla chips and, if desired, toppings.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with chips and toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 99 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Beef Nachos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2017