Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 pizzas (12 pieces each)
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 5 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved into strips or 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Roll dough into two 16x10-in. rectangles; transfer to ungreased baking sheets and build up edges slightly.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning; cook chicken in the drippings until no longer pink. Add shallots and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- Spread sauce over crusts; top with chicken mixture, bacon, mushrooms, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle with blue cheese, basil and thyme; top with provolone and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 14-18 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 263 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2012
This is a recipe to wow your guests with. The first bite is pure heaven, and you won't want to stop! Loaded with flavor and lots of creamy cheese, best recipe EVER!
Mar 27, 2011
Very tasty! We went a little light on the blue cheese as we didn't want that to over power the pizza. Very worth buying all the ingredients! Will be making this again.
Feb 17, 2011
I just made this pizza for dinner and it was great! I made it a little differently than the original recipe. I grilled chicken breast with garlic salt instead of using the blackening seasoning. I also used mozzarella cheese instead of blue cheese. I am not a fan of sun dried tomatoes which saved me almost $10.00 at the grocery store. Even with these substitutions, the pizza came out great! I brushed the crust with some butter before baking which made it crunchy and added a good flavor. One reviewer said that the meal was a little expensive. If you make these small editions, the pizza will still come out great and save you some money in the end.
Jan 30, 2011
I loved this pizza! It was a bit pricey but quality ingredients. The blackened chicken is what triggered my interest for this recipe. I've never tasted blue cheese so i decided to take a chance. I will defientely try this pizza again!
Jan 2, 2011
I loved this recipe..completely surprised my boyfriend because it turned out so well. He can't eat tomatoes so using Alfredo sauce was his favorite part of this pizza...would definitely make this recipe again :)
Dec 25, 2010
This recipe was great. The sun dried tomatoes really made it pop.
Dec 22, 2010
This was time-consuming, but wonderful. I froze one to enjoy later. Couldn't find the blackened seasoning, so googled it and made my own. Wonderful flavors.