Biscuits and beans are common ingredients in traditional country cooking. This recipe earned an honorable mention when I entered it in a local cooking contest.—Dolores Grossenbacher, Beloit, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, onion and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Biscuits and Beans in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p206
Reviews forBiscuits and Beans
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2014
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
"Very easy and tastey."