- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup yellow or white cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 3/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Additional sprinkles
- Whisk pancake mix and cake mix. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, 1-1/2 cups milk and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Let stand 10 minutes. Fold in 1/4 cup sprinkles.
- On a lightly greased griddle over medium heat, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls to create six large pancakes. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop; turn. Cook until golden brown. Repeat, using smaller amounts of batter to create pancakes of different sizes.
Microwave frosting and remaining milk, covered, on high until melted, 10-15 seconds. On each of the large pancakes, layer smaller pancakes in decreasing order of size with the smallest on top; drizzle with frosting. Top with additional sprinkles.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Or place a stack of pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 30-90 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBirthday Cake Pancakes
"These were ok, not the most tender pancakes in the world. The recipe also didn't yield as much as stated, nowhere close. But they are good and perfect for children. I think next time I'll use a homemade pancake mix instead of a store bought one. The longer you let the batter rest the fluffier!"
"This was fun to make and so good! My kids were crazy for the sprinkles. The recipe made a lot, too, so I did use the freezer tip - they reheated really well."