- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place flour in resealable plastic bag; add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil and butter over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, tomato paste, paprika and salt; slowly stir in sour cream mixture (do not boil). Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef Tenderloin Stroganoff
"Maybe I made the sauce wrong, but it was awful. I ended up throwing out the sauce, and just put gravy on the meat and that was delicious. But I didn't a recipe to do that. :)"
"A sheer lack of flavor in this recipe. Thankfully my meat was not chewy, but very tender. I did have to use a strip steak though instead of the tenderloin since that is what I had on hand. We needed to add salt and pepper to the end product. Just overall bland."
"Followed recipe exactly. I was concerned about browning my $26 beef tenderloin, and then cooking it an additional 15-20 minutes making the sauce. Should have trusted my instincts. It turned out like a cheap piece of meat...chewy & tough. I should have removed the meat after browning it, and returned it to the mixture just to heat before serving. Expensive lesson learned."
"I have been making this recipe every Valentine's Day for several years now. I use spaghetti instead of noodles. That's the only change I make. It is so good and so easy. Always impressive. Thanks!"
"Lacks taste and flavor, only paprika and salt. Tasted like something was missing. Won't be making it again. Only did this time as I had beef tenderloin in the freezer."
"I agree, very expensive but really good."
"Expensive to prepare, but very tasty. Good to make when time is short and you want to impress!"