- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf (about 8 ounces) French bread
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, pepper and onion over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in dip mix and sour cream.
- Cut French bread horizontally in half; place halves on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from broiler.
- Spoon beef mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned. To serve, cut each into three pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef Stroganoff Sandwiches
"These were delicious. I used baby portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced, and they really stood out in the dish. I used about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef, so increased the sour cream to about a cup. Everything else remained the same, except I used toasted hamburger buns and a combination of sliced provolone and cheddar jack cheeses. Great weeknight meal. My family devoured these! Will definitely make again!Volunteer Field Editor"
"We really enjoyed this meal. I was low on sour cream, so I added a couple of spoons of cream cheese to make up the difference. Tasted great, so I think I'll add the cream cheese everytime I make this recipe. So glad I gave this one a try!"