For an American take on classic Russian comfort food, we turn beef stroganoff into a sandwich. It comes together fast, and our family devours it. —Alison Garcia, Beatrice, Nebraska
Featured In: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 envelope ranch dip mix
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf (about 8 ounces) French bread
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, pepper and onion over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in dip mix and sour cream.
- Cut French bread horizontally in half; place halves on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from broiler.
- Spoon beef mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned. To serve, cut each into three pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef Stroganoff Sandwiches in TasteofHome.com 2017
Reviews forBeef Stroganoff Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2016
"We really enjoyed this meal. I was low on sour cream, so I added a couple of spoons of cream cheese to make up the difference. Tasted great, so I think I'll add the cream cheese everytime I make this recipe. So glad I gave this one a try!"