Balsamic-Glazed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in 1 tablespoon butter. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, rosemary and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Return chops to the pan; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove chops to a serving plate and let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Stir remaining butter into skillet until melted. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 353 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
May 28, 2016
Sooo flavorful. I used fresh rosemary instead of dried so adjusted the amount using a heaping teaspoon of freshly minced rosemary. My husband thinks I could have used more. The second time I used lamb chops in lieu of pork chops. Sooooo good. My husband's favorite lamb chop recipe now.
Jan 28, 2015
WOW...best Pork Chops ever!! I did make a few changes....I used Olive Oil instead of butter, I was out of balsamic vinegar, but I had a balsamic based salad dressing I used, I added an extra teaspoon of brown sugar and skipped the Rosemary. My picky "meat and Potato" husband left me a note the next day, telling me how good they were! Making these again!
Dec 5, 2014
* I tried this recipe on the advice of a friend. It was terrible. Too much balsamic vinegar. Way too strong for my family. My husband couldn't finish it. I washed off the remaining pork chops and used the meat in a salad as I don't like to waste food.
Nov 20, 2013
These were delicious! I added a little more brown sugar because I like my sauces sweet and I am not a fan of vinegar. Everyone wanted seconds, which is a definite win in my house!
Aug 18, 2013
This was absolutely delicious!! Both hubby and I loved it! I did leave the rosemary out since I don't care for it, but it was perfect!
Jul 26, 2013
These were probably the best pork chops I have ever made and simple too.
May 23, 2013
Too sweet for me but Mr. liked it.
May 10, 2013
Sooo yummy!Made this last night and it turned out better than I thought it would. I used white onion because that's what I had, but it was still superb!!! The sweet flavor the sauce takes on is so good. I know that balsamic vinegar gets sweeter and thicker when you cook it anyway, but the brown sugar and butter just adds that extra something special!
Feb 10, 2013
I reduced the butter by a tablespoon, using only 1/2 tbsp to brown the pork and a 1/2 to cook the onions. I put a full tbsp in at the end, and also upped the rosemary to a full teaspoon. This was a delicious recipe, the contrast of the onions with the sweetness of the balsamic reduction was really flavorful and so different from the average fruit/honey/maple flavors in most pork chop recipes. We will definitely keep this in the rotation!
Jan 29, 2013
Pretty tasty! Nothing extraordinary but I liked them! I added garlic because everything is better with garlic and crushed red pepper for a hint of spice!