My nectarine chicken casserole is a fun twist on classic. Folks love the crunchy chow mein noodles on top. I love that I can make it a day in advance and refrigerate until it's time to serve. Serve with hot bread or rolls. —Faye Robinson, Pensacola, Florida
Featured In: 38 Make-Ahead Meals for Your Busy Family
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 medium nectarines, coarsely chopped
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) crispy chow mein noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, nectarines, and onions. Add mayonnaise mixture; toss gently to coat.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with noodles. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
To Make Ahead: Can be made a day in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle with noodles. Bake as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Baked Nectarine Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p193