- 1/2 fully-cooked ham with bone (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Whole Cloves
- CUMBERLAND SAUCE:
- 1 cup red currants or apple jelly
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Remove skin from ham; score the surface with shallow diagonal cuts. Making diamond shapes. Mix brown sugar and mustard; rub into fat of ham. Insert a whole clove in center of each diamond. Place ham in a large roaster with a baking rack. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 20-22 minutes per pound or until ham is heated through and thermometer reads 140°. For sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. Serve over the sliced ham. (Sauce recipe can be doubled if desired.) Yield: 8-10 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Reviews forBaked Ham with Cumberland Sauce
"easy and elegant way to serve ham! Gourmet results with a minimum of time and fussing! Great for holiday or company dinners, or just for the family on Sunday. I keep red currant jelly on hand just for this recipe, since I like to serve ham a lot."