- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Score surface of steak, making shallow diagonal cuts. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place tomatoes, green pepper, onion and mushrooms around meat. Combine the chili sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; drizzle over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove and keep warm. Pour pan juices into a measuring cup; skim fat.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir in 1-1/2 cups pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with vegetables and gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Flank Steak
"absolutely wonderful, so easy, I could have eaten the whole thing. Can't wait to make it again."