Pinwheel Flank Steaks
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper and seasoned salt; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Combine the bacon, garlic, parsley, onion, salt and remaining pepper; sprinkle over steak to within 1 in. of edges. With the grain of the meat going from left to right, roll up jelly-roll style; tie with kitchen string at 1-in. intervals. Cut into six 1-1/4-in. rolls.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak rolls, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cut and remove string before serving.
May 30, 2017
Everyone LOVED these! I prepped everything the day before as the meat needed to marinate and then put it together the following day for the BBQ. Fantastic flavors and easy to make. Highly recommend and we will definitely have often this summer!
Nov 11, 2013
My steaks turned out perfectly tender, but I found the marinade to be a bit overwhelming for my meat. I think if I make this in the future, I'll just take it easy on the pepper. I also used onion powder and garlic powder instead of onion and garlic in the rolls. They were very nice looking and fancy!
Oct 26, 2013
I wish the steaks were more tender.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.