Baked Beans with Pineapple
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans (two 55 ounces, one 28 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, bacon and onion. Combine brown sugar and ketchup; stir into the bean mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 266 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 8g fiber), 12g protein.
May 22, 2017
Was delicious. Next time I will cut the sugar in half. I cut recipe in half and I think just that portion would serve 25 people. Makes a lot of beans.
Jun 15, 2016
Anxious to try this. Reminds me of a long-lost recipe my Mother used make. Her recipe had chunks of hot dogs and maybe a little horseradish in it.
May 2, 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Mar 3, 2014
Fantastic! I used 1/2 cup chili sauce because I prefer it over ketchup! Thanks for posting!
Feb 5, 2014
I brought this to a party, it was a huge hit. Thanks for sharing!
Dec 29, 2013
This is becoming a favorite at every family get-together! I put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it cook for about 6 hours, yum!!
Dec 13, 2013
Always get requests for this one!
Sep 9, 2013
DELICIOUS! Beans, bacon, and sugar - you can't go wrong with this recipe. Easy to put together and you can leave it cook. I cut up the bacon into small pieces and cook in a covered sauce pan. Goes really fast and easy to drain and add to the rest.
Sep 28, 2011
This is good
Apr 4, 2011
I've been making pineapple baked beans for decades and everyone loves them, so I multiple the ingredients. I also add Worcestershire sauce and sweet-hot mustard.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.