Baked Beans with Pineapple
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans (two 55 ounces, one 28 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, bacon and onion. Combine brown sugar and ketchup; stir into the bean mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 266 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 8g fiber), 12g protein.
Aug 1, 2019
I made this for my church luncheon after service and it was so delicious! I made it as written with a few changes: -I halved the recipe, yet there was still enough food for everyone to eat; -I used thick cut bacon strips for added texture; -I used half ketchup, half Diana Sauce when measuring ingredients; -I added a pinch of cayenne pepper to give it zing without the heat. The sweetness of the pineapple added a perfect balance to offset the beans, and it was enjoyed by everyone. Very good recipe, I'll definitely make it again!
May 22, 2017
Was delicious. Next time I will cut the sugar in half. I cut recipe in half and I think just that portion would serve 25 people. Makes a lot of beans.
Jun 15, 2016
Anxious to try this. Reminds me of a long-lost recipe my Mother used make. Her recipe had chunks of hot dogs and maybe a little horseradish in it.
May 2, 2014
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Mar 3, 2014
Fantastic! I used 1/2 cup chili sauce because I prefer it over ketchup! Thanks for posting!
Feb 5, 2014
I brought this to a party, it was a huge hit. Thanks for sharing!
Dec 29, 2013
This is becoming a favorite at every family get-together! I put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it cook for about 6 hours, yum!!
Dec 13, 2013
Always get requests for this one!
Sep 9, 2013
DELICIOUS! Beans, bacon, and sugar - you can't go wrong with this recipe. Easy to put together and you can leave it cook. I cut up the bacon into small pieces and cook in a covered sauce pan. Goes really fast and easy to drain and add to the rest.
Sep 28, 2011
This is good