- 1 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cans (two 55 ounces, one 28 ounces) baked beans
- 2 cans (one 20 ounces, one 8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender.
- In a very large bowl, combine the beans, pineapple, bacon and onion. Combine brown sugar and ketchup; stir into the bean mixture.
- Transfer to two greased 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness. Yield: 25-30 servings.
Reviews forBaked Beans with Pineapple
"Was delicious. Next time I will cut the sugar in half. I cut recipe in half and I think just that portion would serve 25 people. Makes a lot of beans."
"Anxious to try this. Reminds me of a long-lost recipe my Mother used make. Her recipe had chunks of hot dogs and maybe a little horseradish in it."
"LOVE LOVE LOVE"
"Fantastic! I used 1/2 cup chili sauce because I prefer it over ketchup! Thanks for posting!"
"I brought this to a party, it was a huge hit. Thanks for sharing!"
"This is becoming a favorite at every family get-together! I put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it cook for about 6 hours, yum!!"
"Always get requests for this one!"
"This is good"
"I've been making pineapple baked beans for decades and everyone loves them, so I multiple the ingredients. I also add Worcestershire sauce and sweet-hot mustard."