Armenian Garden Salad
Salads play a big role in Armenian cuisine. Every ingredient is chopped very fine, and we sometimes heap them on Armenian pizza, folding it over like a salad sandwich. —Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 45 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as American Garden Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.