Apple & Blue Cheese on Endive
This elegant appetizer features a creamy blue cheese and apple spread inside crunchy endive leaves. You can use pears instead of apples or use the spread to top crackers.—Katie Fleming, Edmonds, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large red apple, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 heads Belgian endive, separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and water; add apple and toss to coat. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine the apple, celery, blue cheese and mayonnaise; spoon 1 tablespoonful onto each endive leaf. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 47 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Apple-Blue Cheese Salad on Endive Leaves in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.