Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- SOUR CREAM SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cheeses, sugar and extract; set aside. Spread one can of pie filling into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three lasagna noodles and cheese mixture. Layer with remaining noodles and pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with lasagna.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 280 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Feb 22, 2012
I have made this several times w/ huge success. However I did tweak it a bit further. I used 9 lasagna noodles, Splenda, apple pie spice and I used 3 cans of pie filling versus 2. Everyone always asks for the recipe. Taking this to a large gathering you simply can't go wrong!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.