Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp and Apricot Sauce
Coconut and panko crumbs give this spicy shrimp its crunch. It’s perfect for an appetizer or for your main meal. —Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In a shallow bowl, toss coconut with bread crumbs. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in flour to coat lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg white mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches as needed, place shrimp in a single later in air fryer basket. Cook 4 minutes; turn shrimp and continue cooking until coconut is lightly browned and shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts6 shrimp with 2 tablespoons sauce: 410 calories, 10g fat (8g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 418mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Un-Fried Coconut Shrimp in What Can I Cook In My ...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.