Air-Fryer Coconut Shrimp and Apricot Sauce
Coconut and panko crumbs give this spicy air-fryer shrimp its crunch. It’s perfect for an appetizer or for your main meal. —Debi Mitchell, Flower Mound, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 dashes Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- In a shallow bowl, toss coconut with bread crumbs. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Place flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Dip shrimp in flour to coat lightly; shake off excess. Dip in egg white mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Spray fryer basket with cooking spray. Working in batches as needed, place shrimp in a single layer in basket. Cook 4 minutes; turn shrimp and continue cooking until coconut is lightly browned and shrimp turn pink, another 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce.
Test Kitchen tip