Air-Fryer Coconut-Crusted Turkey Fingers
My granddaughter shared these turkey fingers with me. With a plum dipping sauce, they're just the thing for a light supper. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and oil. In another shallow bowl, mix coconut, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and salt. Dip turkey in egg mixture, then in coconut mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, place turkey in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown and turkey is no longer pink, 3-4 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with turkey.
Test Kitchen tip