I make this recipe for almost any occasion—it's popular with company and at potluck dinners, and I've passed it around to many friends. My husband and I are growing lots of squash this summer, all for this quiche! —Dorothy Collins, Winnsboro, Texas
- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in butter until tender; drain. Place half the zucchini in the crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream, eggs, salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder and pepper. Pour into crust. Arrange remaining zucchini slices over top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Quiche in Country Extra July 1992, p51
Reviews for Zucchini Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review