- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1-1/3 cups mild salsa
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zesty Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
Sort By :
"This was a hit, as it was delicious! omitted the green onions (as the salsa was seasoned well) and green pepper; and everybody was asking for the recipe."
"Excellent. I also added med. salsa in place of the mild salsa and jalapeno. Increased cumin to 1 1/2 teaspoons. Chilled well and served with the chips that are like little cups. Not one speck left Have used shoepeg and regular yellow corn. No taste difference."
"I've made this salsa repeatedly. Everyone loves it! Instead of mild salsa, medium salsa and jalapeno, I use all medium salsa, but that's just a spice preference. I'll sometimes substitute frozen yellow corn rather than shoepeg corn. Its a lot cheaper and to me it tastes just as good."
"Big hit at my annual Mardi Gras party! None left!"