Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, peppers, onions, parsley, pimientos and garlic. Pour salad dressing over pea mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 77 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Jun 28, 2017
Great version of cowboy caviar! I definitely left out the pimientos though, since I'm not a big fan. Very easy recipe and perfect to bring for the appetizer table at a gathering!
Jun 29, 2013
This is a great recipe! It was so yummy with rice as a quick dinner that doesn't heat up the house in the summer!
Jul 6, 2012
This is one of our family favorites. I'm always asked to bring it to our big family gatherings. I have to triple the recipe and we still run out quickly. Yummy!
Dec 5, 2011
Super easy!! I just have to remember to go and look for pimentos with the vegetables and not with the pickles & olives. I think it might also be good with some avocado chunks in it also. But all in all a very YUMMY recipe!!
Oct 20, 2010
my husband has made this for snack at work and everyone loves it. We use whole olives as pimentos are hard to find. Also we add chickpeas!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.