Marge Nicol of Shannon, Illinois tucks this cheesy tuna filling in a warm pita pocket for a fun, fast grab-and-go lunch. “The celery adds a nice crunch,” she says.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pita bread (6 inches), halved
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, cheese, celery, onion and mayonnaise. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Warm Tuna Pita Pockets in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p35
Reviews for Warm Tuna Pita Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review