Curried Beef Pita Pockets
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with the onion, garlic and curry; drain and discard garlic. Stir in the water, salt, sugar and pepper. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomato and zucchini; cook just until heated through. Spoon meat mixture into pita breads. If desired, serve with tzatziki sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 393 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2012
This was excellent! I would however add in drained stewed tomatoes and create a light Caribbean yogurt sauce with jerk seasoning to complete the flavors. healthy and delicious.
Jun 22, 2011