Hot Tuna Buns
You can mix the ingredients for these comforting sandwiches ahead of time and then bake them later. They're perfect for lunch or a snack.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 block (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- In a medium bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread about 1/3 cup on bottoms of buns; replace tops. Wrap in foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 371 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Hot Tuna Buns in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook