- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out the bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until blended; stir in bacon and onions.
- Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 17 in.). Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Warm Bacon Cheese Spread
""Soo yummieeei recently found one of best recipe site for all type of chicken recipeshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/appetizers/recipes""
"We loved it and so easy to make."
"Making this now and it has a wonderful flavor. I did not serve in a bread bowl because of family having celiac and not being able to have gluten. I prepped as normal but then threw it in a mini crockpot (for dips) to warm and serve. I used sweet onion because that's all I had on hand and used much less, probably just a few pinches to get some flavor. Will keep this in hand for an easy go to for parties!"
"Omg I made this last weekend for some friends I should have made two they just loved it thank you so much this is a keeper !!!"
"To me, this just screams out for garlic and then it would be perfect!"