- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a greased 15x10x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake out of pan onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread evenly with filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Walnut Pumpkin Cake Roll
"Very good recipe. I don't use the nuts and use parchment paper sprayed with pam. Excellent flavor and texture."
"I love this recipe. My cake always cracks at some point and it's sticky but my family & friends don't mind. I use 8oz of cream cheese & add a bit more spices including a small amount of cardamon."
"love the idea about flipping to the skicky side--never ever thought of this!"
" I always flip my cake back over and fill the sticky side with the icing/filling. The presentation is so much nicer that way. "
"Ive made these for years but the outside is always sticky. What am I doing wrong?"