This is one of my family's favorite dessert recipes, especially for holiday gatherings.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool for 5 minutes. Turn cake out of pan onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Unroll cake; spread evenly with filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cake Roll in Country October/November 2002, p51
Reviews for Walnut Pumpkin Cake Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review