- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line bottom of a 15x10x1-in. pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed 3 minutes. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored, about 2 minutes. Stir in squash. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and cinnamon; fold into squash mixture. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 13-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a tea towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off parchment. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat first four filling ingredients until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel; trim ends. Place on a platter; seam side down. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. If desired, dust with additional confectioners' sugar before serving.
1 slice: 364 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.