Strawberry Cream Cake Roll
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, cut up
- Additional whole strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs with vanilla on high speed with an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; fold gently into egg mixture just until combined. Pour into a greased and waxed paper-lined jelly roll pan. Spread batter evenly over pan. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Turn out onto a cloth that has been sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper from cake; roll up cloth and cake. Cool.
- For filling, whip cream, sugar and vanilla. Unroll cake and spread filling over it; sprinkle with strawberries. Roll up the cake again and chill 2 hours before serving. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; garnish with strawberries, and additional whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 237 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 25, 2016
Super easy and delicious!!
Feb 12, 2016
Made fast as guests came out of the blue. Excellent cake. It is not extremely light and fluffy - however very delicious, a nice balance of the moist cake, cream and fruit. 10 servings ? Not at all, 2 of us were ready to finish it off entirely between ourselves.... luckily we didn't as there were other hungry people there to also enjoy it.
Oct 12, 2014
The issue with this recipe is that a step is missing, in order for the cake to be light you need to separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff peaks form. You then fold the whites into the other mixture after it has been beaten. You do not want to over mix the egg whites when folding them in to the mixture, just until mixed then spread in the pan trying not to over work. You will have a nice sponge to the cake.
Dec 5, 2013
TIHS LOOK REALY GOOD
Apr 20, 2012
I have made this recipe three times in the last week. Rave reviews each time.
Aug 27, 2011
I made the cake recipe twice just to make sure I did not screw it up... and no... The recipe is not right. The cake was thin, firm, and rubbery..... I finally had to just find another cake recipe and use the filling from this page... I am an expierienced baker and cake decorator... This is horrible... try this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/strawberry-cream-roll/detail.aspx
Apr 15, 2010
I love this cake, have made it many times. Well worth the trouble!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.