- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°. Reserve five cherries for topping; chop remaining cherries. For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and extract until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans and chopped cherries.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Fold dough lengthwise in half; roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Spread with filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet, seam side down; shape into a ring, pinching ends to seal. Using kitchen scissors, start at outside edge and cut two-thirds of the way through the ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate sections slightly and twist to show filling.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly.)
- Using two large spatulas, remove from pan to a wire rack. Mix confectioners' sugar, milk and extract; drizzle over warm coffeecake. Top with pecan halves and reserved cherries. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forVery Cherry Crescent Ring
"I make this every year for the holidays and the plate is always wiped clean!!!! Very easy and delicious!!!!"