This saucy main dish is really quite versatile. Without the ham, it can be a vegetarian entree or a hearty side dish.—Judy Moody, Wheatley, Ontario
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine soups and milk; stir in the noodles, corn, vegetables, ham, parsley, pepper, salt and 3/4 cup of cheese.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Top with remaining cheese the last 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Noodle Ham Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p89
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Veggie Noodle Ham Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review