- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"Absolutely amazing! I love sun-dried tomatoes and they make this soup perfect!"
"This soup is excellent. Love the flavors. Followed directions and didn't change anything. Wonderful as is. Many friends have asked for this recipe."
"So good and easy!"
"I see where a few of the raters were coming from...love the concept of this easy soup, but the "wow" factory wasn't there for us. We followed the directions. In the end, kids didn't care for it and husband had less than half a bowl. Wouldn't make again."
"My sister and cousin get together every Wednesday and this was tonight's meal. It was super yummy. I didn't have all the spices so I just used what I had I also didn't have milk so I used double the cream. All the additions recommended I can see the benefit! Wonderful recipe I would make again."