- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"This soup is very good and worthy of five stars. However, I make a nearly identical recipe using Campbell's Slow Kettle style Tomato and Sweet Basil Bisque, add canned petite diced tomatoes that have been drained and serve it with shaved Parmesan cheese on top. Delish!"
"Loved it! Wouldn't change a thing."
"My husband dislikes tortellini. Despite that preconceived idea, he loved this soup..savory, smooth, and delicious!"
"Used fat free half & half and fat free milk - came out great!"
"One of our go to soups.. My girls love it! I use heavy cream instead of half & half and just a pint"