- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"I see where a few of the raters were coming from...love the concept of this easy soup, but the "wow" factory wasn't there for us. We followed the directions. In the end, kids didn't care for it and husband had less than half a bowl. Wouldn't make again."
"My sister and cousin get together every Wednesday and this was tonight's meal. It was super yummy. I didn't have all the spices so I just used what I had I also didn't have milk so I used double the cream. All the additions recommended I can see the benefit! Wonderful recipe I would make again."
"This soup is very good and worthy of five stars. However, I make a nearly identical recipe using Campbell's Slow Kettle style Tomato and Sweet Basil Bisque, add canned petite diced tomatoes that have been drained and serve it with shaved Parmesan cheese on top. Delish!"
"Loved it! Wouldn't change a thing."
"My husband dislikes tortellini. Despite that preconceived idea, he loved this soup..savory, smooth, and delicious!"