Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles Recipe
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken, carrots, pepper and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with spaghetti. Top with peanuts and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles(15)
Sort By :
I was so surprised by how much I loved this! I used a full pound of whole wheat spaghetti. Tripled the garlic. Doubled the sauce ingredients. Didn't use red pepper flakes because I have little ones and didn't want it to be too spicy. I thought the heat level was perfect with the stated amount of Sriracha. Used 5 carrots and a large bell pepper. Added about a half cup of pasta boiling water just to loosen the sauce a bit and incorporate all the flavors. Really, really delicious. Definitely repeating!
Okay--this was awesome. The whole family enjoyed it. I might add a bit more srirarchi sauce next time around. Wonderful dish.
We loved it! I doubled the sauce the second time around, added broccoli and broccoli slaw and liked that even better. It's Lent so this Friday I'll be making it with shrimp.
This was good, but I should have used the reduced-sodium products as the recipe states. It was extremely salty with regular sodium soy sauce and broth.
Love the spice!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Asian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Carrot Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >