- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken, carrots, pepper and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with spaghetti. Top with peanuts and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
Sort By :
"Love this. I have switched to rice noodles and add some snow peas."
"Delicious!! I cut the sriacha in half so it wasn't too spicy for my little ones."
"This is so delicious. I love the mixture of peanut butter and sriracha. The whole grain pasta has the perfect body for the sauce. The only change I made was to leave out the bell pepper, but that's just because I don't like them."
"This is an excellent dish. We really liked it. I cut the hot sauce back some and did not add the red pepper flakes - we are sensitive to too much heat. We made it as spicy as we could handle and LOVED IT !!! This is going in the green "its a keeper" binder !!"
"We really liked this, a family pleasing dish! The store I shopped at didn't have ground chicken so I used ground pork instead. I also omitted the red pepper flakes as I feared they may add too much spice for my family's taste and the amount of heat was perfect. The peanuts on top added great texture. I will certainly make this again."