- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken, carrots, pepper and garlic over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, breaking up chicken into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with spaghetti. Top with peanuts and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
Sort By :
This is an excellent dish. We really liked it. I cut the hot sauce back some and did not add the red pepper flakes - we are sensitive to too much heat. We made it as spicy as we could handle and LOVED IT !!! This is going in the green "its a keeper" binder !!
We really liked this, a family pleasing dish! The store I shopped at didn't have ground chicken so I used ground pork instead. I also omitted the red pepper flakes as I feared they may add too much spice for my family's taste and the amount of heat was perfect. The peanuts on top added great texture. I will certainly make this again.
I made this for my son who eats at Thai restaurants every noon in Boston. The only change that I made was to use lime juice instead of lemon juice. He really liked it! My husband likes spicy Asian food and he loved it.
Very good. Doubled the recipe. I substituted shrimp for the chicken, and my veg was snow peas instead. I used fresh-squeezed lemon juice, but next time I will use half as much, as I found the lemon flavour a bit overpowering. I also used about half the amount of srichacha sauce, so it wouldn't be too spicy... I also used Udon noodles, they're the best for this kind of dish I think, as they're nice and thick and the sauce sticks to them well...
MMM! Simple recipe but big flavor. I omitted the red pepper and Sriracha and used cubed chicken breast instead. I also substituted homemade egg noodles. Accidentally doubled sauce, but it worked out because my hubby wanted more in his dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Spaghetti Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Asian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Carrot Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pasta Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >