Tart Cherry Lattice Pie Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour; stir in cherries and extract.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of the pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tart Cherry Lattice Pie
Sort By :
"I love making pies. The crust recipe I usually use has been in my family for years. It doesn't use butter, but shortening and milk. So I wanted to try a butter crust and this one turned out delicious. It was easy to make and roll. I had plenty of dough for a 9" double crust pie.I recently purchased some Instant Clear Gel as I read that it was a good substitute for flour, cornstarch or tapioca. And it was! The filling turned out just right.My husband was very happy."