Create your own zippy taco seasoning for spicing up Mexican dishes. It's handy and less expensive than buying envelopes of prepared mix from the store. —Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6-7 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Taco Seasoning Mix in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p59
Reviews for Taco Seasoning Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review