- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6-7 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Reviews for Taco Seasoning Mix
Sort By :
"easy and quick to make. Most of these ingredients are on hand. The taste was great."
"great alternative to store brands - will make it again, but I also cut down on the salt"
"I've tried a lot of different seasoning recipes for tacos and this is the only one that my kids like."
"YUCK. This was horribly salty. I would never make it again."
"I needed a low sodium taco mix and made with only 1 TBSP salt instead of 3. It was much better than the packaged stuff and cheaper too. Will keep this recipe."