- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pie(15)
Sort By :
I have never made a sweet potato pie, and tried this one. I took to a meeting to share with others. It was a winner!! Use a DEEP dish pie shell.
I tried it and everyone loved it
My family loves this pie. I have tried others but this one got more votes. I love that its simple and richer. I used a slightly deeper dish for it and it worked great. I will be making it again for sure.
Just to clarify: I doubled the recipe and used TWO deep dish crusts.
Just made this pie. My first Sweet Potato pie (made or tasted). It's a wonderful pie! I doubled the recipe and used a deep dish crust. My non-pumpkin pie eaters loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Pie Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >