- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"I used your recipe but instead of using a pie crust, I used cupcake liners and made a Graham cracker crust. I also topped it off with almond slices and a home made soft caramel custer. My family loved it!"
"Did not vary the receipt at all and it is fantastic!"
"I cooked this pie for Thanksgiving Dinner 2014 and it was perfect. The next time I make it I will add 1/2 cup of brown sugar and a little more vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg."
"This Pie was BANGN:-). Used all ingredients and adjusted it to my liking. Baked 2 pies for my Aunt and Cousin and they loved it. Will definitely make this pie again. These hands aren't blessed for nothing. 5 star rating for my 5 star skills. God Bless :-)"