- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 pound rhubarb rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or sliced frozen rhubarb, (about 3 cups)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Beat in the sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Gently stir in rhubarb and strawberries. Pour into pastry shell.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° bake for 35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry/Rhubarb Crumb Pie
Sort By :
This was the best strawberry rhubarb pie! I made it for the first time and everybody just loved it. I think I may make it without the crust as a cobbler. Any way you slice it, it is a great recipe!!!!!!!
Best pie Ive ever made and tasted! I recommend this to everyone. I give it a blue ribbon!
Wow, great pie!
This was a great pie! My family loved it and I would make it again, with a little less sugar!
Made this for Thanksgiving. My husband who dislikes rhubarb actually managed to eat the majority of this pie that night! Thank you for this wonderful and delicious recipe!