Strawberry Glaze Pie Recipe
- 6 cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and mashed berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1/3 cup glaze over bottom and sides of pie shell. Halve remaining strawberries; arrange in shell. Spoon remaining glaze over berries. Chill for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Pie is best served the day it's made. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Glaze Pie(7)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! Just like I remember from when I was a kid. Prefer the flavor very much to pies with an artificially flavored strawberry gelatin base. Definitely eat it within 36 hours of making it! Wonderful recipe!
I tried this pie so that we could have variety. I usually make my strawberry pies with a gelatin base rather than a strawberry base. This pie is TOO HIGHLY CONCENTRATED with strawberries. My husband (who has never been allergic to strawberries before) had a severe allergic reaction after eating a slice of this pie and drinking the remaining juice on his plate. Please be aware!
this pie was wonderful, like it alot
taste really good with a graham cracker pie crust!!!
This was a great glaze recipe...strawberry jello helps it to set up better!