"WE STILL GO OUT to the strawberry farms to pick our own berries for this pie, and a delicious one it is! "This pie was a family favorite while I was growing up, and it has become the same with my own family, which is nearly all grown. "Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, and when they're in season, you can bet this is a treat we have often!"
- 6 cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and mashed berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread about 1/3 cup glaze over bottom and sides of pie shell. Halve remaining strawberries; arrange in shell. Spoon remaining glaze over berries. Chill for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Pie is best served the day it's made. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Glaze Pie in Reminisce July/August 1991, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Glaze Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review