- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, soup mix, Italian seasoning and, if desired, pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-9 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stovetop Italian Macaroni
Sort By :
"This was incredibly bland and terrible. Maybe since I used vegetable soup mix instead of onion, it lost it's flavor. I will not be making this again."
"my husband loved this and suggested I make it again (it's only been 4 days). I didn't add the red pepper flakes as I don't like them. My only change was I added some minced garlic. Very tasty and easy dish."
"Great meal! Simple and quick."
"This was a fabulous meal. My boyfriend thought it was wonderful! I will be making this again."
"Just made this for dinner, only change I made was add a small onion to the ground beef. Was slightly salty but the way I like it. I thought it was pretty good"