Deluxe Macaroni Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cups water
- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe four-cheese macaroni and cheese dinner
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until macaroni and broccoli are tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Place contents of cheese sauce mix in saucepan. Stir in the macaroni mixture, beef mixture and reserved liquid; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 300 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 6, 2015
Stars won't register - but consider this a 5-star meal. Quick and easy and flavorful. Used frozen broccoli instead of fresh. Easy ingredients for a last minute meal and my picky husband actually liked it! :-) Worth keeping a box of Deluxe on hand (and I used regular not four-cheese and it was still really good).
Jun 23, 2012
Better than box version of this meal at the grocery store. Quick and easy my family loves it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.