Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, macaroni and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir in beans and cook until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 354 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 8g fiber), 25g protein.
Oct 22, 2014
Feb 15, 2014
I have been making this since I saw it in Quick Cooking in 1998. I use black beans instead of green beans. My family loves this!
Aug 4, 2013
I make this all the time. Hearty, fabulous and so easy.
Oct 3, 2011
Would make again with modifications. Good idea to start.Needs more water, the macaroni sucked all up. Would add onion, garlic, spices.
Apr 18, 2011
LOVED THIS! It could have used a couple more bullion cubes but it has a my favorite things in it and was easy to make. I can't wait to make this again.
Nov 1, 2010
It wasn't inedible but it was terribly bland. I wouldn't rather eat minestrone soup.
Jan 19, 2010
Sep 18, 2008
I found this needed flavor. I added garlic, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
May 13, 2008
This was so easy and I didn't have kidney beans so I used great northern beans, it was excellent! My family loved it!!Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.