- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 round loaf of bread (1 pound)
- Raw vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Chill for at least 1 hour. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off the top of the loaf; set aside. Hollow out the bottom part, leaving a thick shell. Cut or tear the slice from the top of the loaf and the bread from inside into bite-size pieces.
- Fill the shell with dip; set on a large platter. Arrange the bread pieces and vegetables around it and serve immediately. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Sort By :
I like the recipe on the Knorr Vegetable soup mix packet. Easy and delicious. But I'm hoping to try this one soon.
This dip is scrumptious!
I toast the bread pieces slightly on a cookie sheet so easier to dip with.
A few diced water chestnuts are a wonderful addition.
Good recipe but adding artichoke hearts cut up into very small bites really adds to the flavor and we love the artichoke hearts.