- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 round loaf of bread (1 pound)
- Raw vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Chill for at least 1 hour. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off the top of the loaf; set aside. Hollow out the bottom part, leaving a thick shell. Cut or tear the slice from the top of the loaf and the bread from inside into bite-size pieces.
- Fill the shell with dip; set on a large platter. Arrange the bread pieces and vegetables around it and serve immediately. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Reviews for Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
"I also added water chestnuts. Makes aan impressive presentation."
"I added water chestnuts. Very good."
"I like the recipe on the Knorr Vegetable soup mix packet. Easy and delicious. But I'm hoping to try this one soon."
"I toast the bread pieces slightly on a cookie sheet so easier to dip with."
"A few diced water chestnuts are a wonderful addition."
"Good recipe but adding artichoke hearts cut up into very small bites really adds to the flavor and we love the artichoke hearts."
"this is a wonderful recipe my boyfriend loves it"
"Very good. The ranch is a little strong though, I won't put the whole packet in next time I make this. Otherwise, this dip was a hit!"