Here's a quick and easy recipe from Frankie Allen Mann of Warrior, Alabama that's deliciously big on seafood flavor and the sunny sweetness of mango. Coated with tasty taco seasoning, the cooked shrimp are tucked inside a tortilla wrap, along with coleslaw and dressed-up bottled salsa.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, mango and ketchup; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine taco seasoning and oil; add shrimp. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook shrimp over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Top tortillas with coleslaw mix, salsa mixture and shrimp. Fold bottom third of tortilla up over filling; fold sides over. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp Wraps in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review