- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, mango and ketchup; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine taco seasoning and oil; add shrimp. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook shrimp over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Top tortillas with coleslaw mix, salsa mixture and shrimp. Fold bottom third of tortilla up over filling; fold sides over. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Wraps
Sort By :
"Very tasty! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and we really enjoy it. I like the idea of using mango salsa and will try it the next time."
"The combination of flavors was outstanding; even someone that doesn't usually care for shrimp thought it was really good. I used mild salsa, regular taco seasoning (since I couldn't locate reduced-sodium seasoning), Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and also sliced cabbage instead of the bagged mix. I found that a good variation was cooked sliced chicken breast, shaken with the seasoning mix and then cooked as directed."
"Delicious and healthy too. Sometimes I substitute shredded lettuce for the cole slaw. Great either way."
"Sooooo good! I used jarred peach mango salsa as some other reviewers suggested. I also added sliced avocado...amazing!!"
"Very tasty! I used mango peach salsa and omitted the fresh mango and ketchup. I may add cilantro next time."