Spicy Shrimp Wraps Recipe
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the salsa, mango and ketchup; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine taco seasoning and oil; add shrimp. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook shrimp over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Top tortillas with coleslaw mix, salsa mixture and shrimp. Fold bottom third of tortilla up over filling; fold sides over. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Shrimp Wraps(13)
Sort By :
The combination of flavors was outstanding; even someone that doesn't usually care for shrimp thought it was really good. I used mild salsa, regular taco seasoning (since I couldn't locate reduced-sodium seasoning), Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and also sliced cabbage instead of the bagged mix. I found that a good variation was cooked sliced chicken breast, shaken with the seasoning mix and then cooked as directed.
Delicious and healthy too. Sometimes I substitute shredded lettuce for the cole slaw. Great either way.
Sooooo good! I used jarred peach mango salsa as some other reviewers suggested. I also added sliced avocado...amazing!!
Very tasty! I used mango peach salsa and omitted the fresh mango and ketchup. I may add cilantro next time.
I had this at a friend's house last week and it was delicious. She had all the ingredients out in separate bowls, so each guest could customize their wraps. I am making it next week for a different group of friends. Delicous just the way it is (although I may try it with a mango salsa/tomato salsa combo.)
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >