This corned beef recipe is so easy to fix because it can be simmered one day and baked the next.
- 2 corned beef briskets (about 3 pounds each)
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 medium carrot, cut into chunks
- 1 celery rib with leaves, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- Place corned beef in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Add the onion, carrot, celery and pickling spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer corned beef to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; discard broth and vegetables. Score the surface of meat with shallow diagonal cuts.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and mustard; spread over meat. Drizzle with pickle juice. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour, basting occasionally. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Corned Beef in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p190
Reviews for Spicy Corned Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review